Nothing heats your soul when you are feeling the cold like a cup of pumpkin soup! Make this delicious soup using Just Fresh Ginger Juice.
- 2 butternut squash (about 4 3/4 pounds total), halved lengthwise, seeded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon golden brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Just Fresh Ginger Juice
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- pinch of cinnamon
- 5 cups (or more) canned low-salt chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Oil baking sheet. Place squash, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake until squash is very soft, about 50 minutes. Using paring knife, remove peel from squash; discard peel. Cut squash into 2-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-low heat. Mix in onion, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cinnamon. Cover pot and cook until onion is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add squash and 5 cups chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon.
- Working in batches, purée soup in blender. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Return soup to pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer, thinning soup with more broth if necessary.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.