- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tabplesoon Just Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ cup milk warmed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
FOR THE SAUCE:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup water boiling
- ½ cup Just Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and grease a medium sized high-sided baking dish with butter.
- Mix together the flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Pour the milk, butter and Lemon Juice into the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, then pour into baking dish.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together, then carefully pour over the batter in the baking dish. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the sauce starting to bubble around the sides.
- Take out of the oven, then leave for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken slightly before serving.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve immediately with vanilla ice cream (if you like).