This flavourful and colourful loaf is great toasted and topped with a smear of butter or your favourite spread! Using the benefits of Just Fresh Co’s Turmeric Juice this loaf is a great way to get the anti-inflammatory benefits of Turmeric.
Eat it fresh or pop it in the freezer, just pre-slice it and pop it in between baking paper to keep it easy to separate.
1 carrot, grated & squeezed to remove liquid
2 zucchini, grated & squeezed to remove liquid
1 teaspoon Just Fresh Co Turmeric Juice
1 tablespoon of dried herbs, we used thyme
1 teaspoon powdered cumin
1 teaspoon salt & pepper
1 cup of flour (any of your choice)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/5 Cup of Oil
1/5 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup of Yoghurt
½ block of feta cubed
¼ cup of seeds (we used pumpkin)
2 Tablespoons of Poppy or Sesame Seeds
- Combine in a large bowl: carrot, zucchini, Just Fresh Co Turmeric Juice, dried herbs, cumin, salt and pepper, flour and baking powder.
- Make a well before adding the oil, milk, eggs and yoghurt. Mix to combine.
- Fold in the feta along with half of the seeds.
- Pour mixture in to a lined and greased loaf tin and top with the remaining seeds.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 180.C or until a skewer returns clean.
- Slice and enjoy warm with spread or slice and freeze to enjoy as you go.