- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Just Fresh Turmeric Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Cooked basmati or jasmine rice, for serving
Melt the butter in a 12-inch or larger skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, turmeric, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place the chicken on a large plate with the smooth-top side facing up. Season with salt and all of the ground turmeric.
Push the onions to the outer edges of the pan and place the chicken, seasoned-side down, in a single layer in the middle of the pan. Season the chicken with more salt. Cook, undisturbed, until the chicken just begins to brown, no longer than 3 to 4 minutes (any longer and the turmeric will start to burn).
Using tongs, flip the chicken and cook for 2 minutes more. Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1 minute, pour in the cream and broth, and stir gently to combine.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until the chicken is tender and cooked through. 18 to 22 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.